Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Goodbye Summer, Hello Fall!

We had a wonderful weekend celebrating the end of summer. The kids and I spent a couple of days in the country visiting my grandma. Oh it was so nice when we got there to open up the car door & smell the clean country air! We had such a fun time. Seth and I went out Saturday night to walk off our ice cream and search for night animals. We didn't find any but Seth had fun chasing the flashlight beam on the road. Cheap entertainment! We did find a dozen or so of these little creatures hanging out by Great Grandma's front door.
Sunday morning was spent walking to the river with Grandpa and doing some more exploring. The dew still covered the ground and there was plenty of flowers and bugs to see. We walked by the fields and found a gourd growing by the road so we picked it and brought it home. I got to go running while I was there. I love running in the country. No obnoxious car stereos and yelling, just the sound of the birds in the trees, dogs barking and the river gurgling.More fun was had throughout the day, including a trip with Grandpa to the lake, cousins coming to visit and more exploring along the train track and river. There was also a makeshift game of football. In the end the excitement was just too much fun for Elijah and Kate. Kate was so exhausted she couldn't even make it the extra two steps to the couch.

Monday was spent getting ready for an upcoming garage sale and swimming! Despite the almost 90 degree temperatures the water was too cold to spend alot of time in it. But we all had fun anyway.

I myself am so ready for fall. Even though the weather hasn't been terrible this summer it is nice to be able to sit comfortably in your house. We don't have A/C and the odd shape & design of our windows keeps us from being able to have window A/Cs too. So we suffer and are thankful for the cool summer days we do get. I'll post more about fall later. I am supposed to be writing a paper right now. But I am having writers block. Obviously. Well, at least about the topic for my paper. As for anything else I could just about write a book right now.

No comments: