Friday, August 29, 2008

Peanut Butter Bananas & gulp... Pickles!

First off no I am not pregnant. Kate's choice for lunch today. The conversation went something like this.

Me: Kate what do you want for lunch?

Kate: I'm resting

Me: Ok, but what do you want for lunch?

Kate: Um, peanut butter, bananas and (pause) pickles.

Me: Together?

Kate: Yes!

Proceed to the kitchen where Kate oversees the me the chef to make sure I am doing everything right. After spreading peanut butter on the bread I reached for the pickle jar & a fork. Kate watching intently exclaims...

Kate: No, Mom not on the samich, on the plate!

Oh, thank God. She loves peanut butter & banana sandwiches as well as peanut butter and pickle sandwiches (yes they are good no matter what kind of pickles) But the thought of putting all 3 together had my stomach churning. Although I have no doubt in my mind that she would have eaten all 3 together if I had made it for her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you for being willing to go through with it. Though I think it's funny that a peanut butter pickle sandwich is a regular menu item. My mom used to fix peanut butter and bologna sandwiches. Yucky!