Tuesday, August 14, 2007

My Son is Weird!

I know that sound awful & I don't mean it in a bad way. But my middle son who is 5 1/2 has this uncanny freakish ability to know what time it is without seeing a clock. I brought this to my husbands attention several weeks ago. At first he thought it was just a coincidence but it didn't take him very long to see that it wasn't. It happens ALL the time.

The latest example. Saturday night we had gone out after church to run some errands. We usually get out around 6:45 or so. But service ran late & then we had to go shopping after. So we were not on our way home at our usual time. On the way home my son casually says "It's after 8:30." My husband & I look at the clock (Which my son cannot see from his seat) It was 8:31! My husband asked him how he knew what time it was. He said "It's after 8:30 when the sun is pink like that" WHAT?! Is he telling time by the sun? What 5 yr old can do that? He is mildly OCD especially about time. But how is it that he is regularly able to tell you what time it is, within 2-3 minutes of the exact time, without looking at a clock? See what I mean by weird!

No comments: