Sunday, August 19, 2007

I ran my first 5K!

I am so proud of myself! I ran my first 5K yesterday! And I ran it in 37min & 2sec. Which is about 7 min less than I was hoping to make it, and 13 min less than what I was expecting. I don't get to train outside, only on my treadmill which is why I thought it would take me longer. I had my Ipod religiously strapped to my arm & pounded the pavement to the fast & heavy tunes of Neocracy I attribute my fast time solely to them! Thanks guys! Much appreciated!

I got there & I thought "oh crap, I am out of my league (even for a 5K)" Dressed in sweatshorts & an old Curves tshirt, I didn't exactly fit in. I was feeling VERY self conscious about being there. I knew I could run the race. I just didn't feel like I looked like I should be there. I will definitely have to get some new attire for my next race. When I was trying to decide what to wear my husband foolishly said to me "It's just a race. Does it really matter what you wear?"
Um, YES!!!! You would think that after being married for almost 11 years that my husband would know by now that it ALWAYS matters what you wear!

My next race is going to be the Air Force Marathon ( but only the 5K part) I am not ready for a marathon YET. That is one of my goals though. To run a marathon. Although as I was driving home last night from my cousin's wedding reception. I passed a mile marker that stated Xenia 26miles. So I carefully watched the road go by until I had driven that 26 miles. I thought to my self. Am I really ever going to be able to run that far? Most of my friends think that I am crazy, but I love the idea of accomplishing something that not very many people have or can accomplish.

1 comment:

Nicole Marvin said...

High five Jessica! That is amazing! My mind always tells me that running looks like so much fun...but my body never seems to cooperate. :) Congratulations~