Monday, December 22, 2008

Handmade for Teacher Too

In keeping with my Handmade efforts I wanted to make handmade gifts for the boys teachers too. It took me till the night before to figure out what I wanted to make them. I had already made the Spiced Pecans and Savory Oyster Crackers but it just didn't seem like enough. I decided to try my hand at fabric coasters and they turned out so cute! I used coordinating Flea Market Fancy fabrics (my fav!) some fleece I had on hand and went to work. I made eight, four for each teacher, and it took me no more than an hour to make them all. Best of all since I already had all the supplies it cost me NOTHING! When I was done I didn't want to give them away! Then I tied each set up with yellow ric-rac and I REALLY didn't want to give them away. Good thing I have more fabric to make my own set! I will so be making these again VERY soon. I think some of my friends can expect to be getting a set of these for Christmas!

No comments: