Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Handmade for Christmas

I wanted to try & make as many of our gifts this year as possible. I ended up with only a few being handmade but I thought it was a good start. I won't reveal my favorite because it is a gift for my sister, Chubby Baby, and I don't want her to know what it is (obviously) but I will share another one of my favorites. My first quilt! (Transformers made from kinex are guarding the quilt while it is on the floor should anyone DARE step on it while I was taking a picture).

I have been wanting to make a quilt for a couple of years and just wasn't sure if I could pull it off & honestly didn't think I would have the time. But for some strange reason I thought it would be a good (and feasible) idea to make a T-shirt quilt for my grandpa & grandma for Christmas. I collected a t-shirt from each of their grandkids and great-grandkids, seventeen in all, and made my first quilt. The colors are scarlet on the front & gray on the back for what else but the Buckeyes! I also took a small piece from each shirt and made a strip down the back of the quilt. I decided to tie it instead of getting it quilted as this was a MUCH cheaper option for me. I still have some learning to do but all in all I think it turned out pretty well. I can't wait to see my grandparents faces when they open this on Christmas morning!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it! Wish I could be a fly on the wall when they open it. Have kleenex (paper towel for Gpa) ready! It looks like you did a wonderful job. And tshirts from around the world!

Deb