Sunday, December 14, 2008

Going Vintage

I have recently fallen in love with most things vintage. Blame it on Etsy and the plethora of beautiful vintage things you will find on there. Part of me loves vintage because of the nostalgia associated with it. I have told my husband numerous times that I was born in the wrong decade. I should have been born in the thirties or forties. Buying vintage allows be to tap into that feeling of having missed it the first time around. But I also love vintage because it means I can be green without really being green. I really can't stand this whole green thing. It has become such a PC thing to do and well I am not PC. I do believe in taking care of what God has given us and being good stewards of the earth, but I do not buy into the media, democratic agenda, global warming thing. It just isn't happening for the reasons that they tell you it is and well basically people are not intelligent enough to do the research and find out the truth for themselves. Ok enough about that moving back to the whole vintage thing.

Here is what I have scored so far. A few, alright ALOT of vintage ornaments which I LOVE and only wish I had more little containers to put them in. The glass apothecary jar on the right was a vintage find from Salvation Army for $1.99! Score!

They even look cute in thier little boxes!

I did manage to add some to this wreath. I stole the idea from Sis Boom, but only because I couldn't buy the one she has.
The other day I found a little something for Seth's birthday at Goodwill, which I will show you later. I stopped at the Salvation Army yesterday and there was the cutes little vintage blue suitcase/hat box or something. For some stupid reason I didn't buy it. I am going back tomorrow all the while praying that it is still there. I have plans for it for a Christmas gift for Kate.

Ooh, ooh! I also bought a set of vintage Anchor Hocking red and white salt and pepper shakers. They are so awesome and they will go great in my red kitchen that I will have, someday, sigh.

No comments: