Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Repurposed and Cute!

I have been wanting to make something for Kate out of old t shirts for a long time. But I didn't want to use just any old T's. I wanted it to have meaning. Last week I saw something on Etsy that was made from a T shirt from South Dakota & immediately I knew which shirt I wanted to use. You see I spent the first 6 or so years of my life in Rapid City, SD making regular trips to Mt. Rushmore so the shirt I had in mind held some special significance. I found it in the bottom of my husbands drawer & the other T I used came from the bottom of my drawer. It was SOOO easy to make & I had it done in less than two hours. The whole project cost me about $1.00 because I had to buy another T from the Salvation Army to use for the tie for the shirt.I can't wait to make more! I think next I am going to use one of Duane's old band T shirts that really he should have retired from his wardrobe along time ago.

No comments: