Friday, October 31, 2008

Trick or Treek!

We are not huge Halloween people. But the kids do enjoy dressing up and of course getting free candy. Since Mommy & Daddy are so mean & hardly ever buy them candy this is an especially fun treat. So here are our little monsters ready for Trick or Treating, or Trick or Treeking as Kate calls it. I usually buy there costumes but this year I am trying to do as much as I can without buying commercial stuff so we tried to make them or make due with what we had.

Elijah got a Brown's costume for Christmas last year & since they won their game last Sunday it was a given for him to be a Brown's player.

I was back & forth for weeks as to what Kate should be. I wanted her to be a Matryoshka doll but since I had a midterm & three papers due last week I really didn't think I would have the time to make it. Instead she was a Rocker Chick. I stole one of Daddy's old (and by old I mean 1980's probably wore it in High School should have been thrown out years ago OLD) Metallica T shirts and sized it down to fit her, sprayed her hair pink and with matching pink converse she was good to go!

Seth on the other hand had decided that he wanted to be WALLE several weeks ago. I kept asking Duane to bring home a box so we could get started on it & not leave it to the last minute. Well, I am sure you can guess what happened. We were putting the finishing touches on it as we were trying to get ready to go. It turned out REALLY cute though. At first he wasn't to sure about it. But after he started trick or treating & people started recognzing him he really got into it. He started walking & holding his arms like WALLE. Everytime someone would recognize who he was he would say "WALLE" in his perfect WALLE voice and then wave with his robot hand. So cute. By the end of the night we were all freezing but each little one had a bag full of candy to make it worth it.

Bonus! On the way home we passed a church that has a pumpkin patch every year. The pumpkins were FREE! Since we didn't buy any this year because last year they were stolen off our front porch I let the kids each pick a pumpkin!

UPDATE: Seth won best creative costume at a harvest party we went to Friday night!

No comments: