Sunday, August 16, 2009

Times Goes By


It's hard to believe it has only been two weeks since Grandma passed away. It feels like it was months ago. I was doing really well until today on our way to church. I started thinking about it & had I not been driving I probably would have broken down into tears.

The kids & my mom & I went back this past week to spend a couple of days there going through stuff and getting away from the hustle & bustle of the city. It was nice to be in the country but it was strange being in her house without her there. The first night I was lying in bed trying to fall asleep & I could of sworn I heard her say "What?" In her squeaky high pitched voice. I could see her sitting in HER chair asking me what I had just said. Yes, there were tears.

I miss her terribly. I want her back but I know that I am just being selfish. My Grandpa & God are enjoying her now. Along with her brothers and sisters and the children she lost before they even entered this world. I'll get to see her again someday. Until then I just need to remember the good times we had together and be happy in the knowledge that she is with Christ.

No comments: