Sunday, July 19, 2009

Vintage Beauty

On a lighter note I wanted to share with you a recent vintage find and my quilt top made of all vintage linens!
Don't you just love these? I am not a huge strawberry fan, well for decorating that is. But when I saw them leaning against the wall in the Hospice resale store I just could not resist. Of course the price tag of $7.50 each with an additional 50% off because they were clearance and then a special of, buy one 50% off item get another one free, was equally hard to resist! I paid $4.25 for both! I still haven't decided if I am going to keep them or sell them. At some point in time I plan on having a red & white vintagey kitchen & these would be perfect. But who knows when that will happen. For now they are mine cause they make me smile and think of all the yummy things we used to make out of strawberries as a kid when we grew our own in the backyard.

As for my quilt isn't it yummy! I collected the linens from trips to various thrift stores. I love how it turned out. Now I just have to quilt it. What a chore that will be, especially since I have never quilted before!

No comments: