Sunday, March 28, 2010

30 Days! Easy!

Well folks I made it! 30 days without sugar! I lost 5 pounds & some waistage. I wish that I had taken measurements before so I could know for sure how many inches I lost but I did manage to go down a jean size! I like the way I feel without sugar in my body. It just feels better.

Friday was Duane's birthday and since Saturday was my 30th day he said we could wait till Sunday to celebrate with his annual Ritter's Frozen Custard Turtle Pie. I had a piece today and I feel like crap. All bloated and blaah. I had already decided to stick with the no sugar but this just solidifies it for me. I'm sure from time to time I'll have a cookie or two but for the most part sugar is no longer a part of my diet. I just need to make this a permanent change for my own health.

Oh, by the way. Only 5 more weeks of school! I graduate May 1st! I am so ready to be done!

2 comments:

amy said...

WOW! That is amazing. What do you do about sugar in cereals, dressings, ect. It seems like it's in EVERYTHING.

Pumpkin Head Baby Co said...

I didn't do dressings, Kashi has great cereals that are sweetened with things other than sugar and corn syrup. Naturally occurring sugars I allowed. But if the ingredients stated sugar or corn syrup I didn't eat it. Also NO artificial sweeteners. I think they are worse than sugar!