Wednesday, December 5, 2007

It's Merry CHRISTMAS!

I need to vent. I am sure most of you noticed the obvious exclusion of Merry Christmas last year with the replacement of the very generic Holiday. It has continued this year with more companies jumping on the band wagon. This just burns me up inside. I got the Pottery Barn Kids catalog yesterday & was flipping through it. When I noticed a strange saying not only on the front of the catalog but on almost every page. "Holiday is ..." and then they would show some classic Christmas scene or gift that everyone knows is really about Christmas. And then to hear the Lowes is selling "Family Trees" instead of Christmas Trees. When I turn on the T.V. I am bombarded by adds for the "Holiday". What kind of generic name is that?

Whatever (excuse my language & cover the eyes of little ones if necessary) a**hole decided that it would be o.k to strip Christmas of Christmas and just call it Holiday, needs to be shot! They say it is all about including everyone. We don't want anyone to get their feelings hurt, waah, waah, waah. What a bunch of whining, conniving, liberals. Don't believe for one second that that is why Christmas has been dropped from just about every advertisement, media story & greeting.

You see it's not about including everyone else. It is about excluding CHRIST! That's right I said it. EXCLUDING CHRIST! God forbid should we have a day to celebrate the birth of our Christ! I for one am tired of hearing the word "Holiday" and will scream from the top of my lungs "MERRY CHRISTMAS!" Should someone say "Happy Holiday" to me. So lets not sit idly by while a few people decided that Christmas shouldn't be a part of Christmas anymore. Let your voice be heard! It's Merry Christmas to all!

1 comment:

Mommin' It Up! said...

AMEN SISTER! Merry CHRISTMAS! Couldn't have said it better myself!