Saturday, January 30, 2010

Changes



Over the last few years I have changed.

Alot.

Mostly for the good :)

One thing I have been wanting to change for a while is my store name. I have grown out of the Pumpkin Head phase and no longer have the desire to sew the baby items I was selling in my PHBC store. So this week I made the decision to close the store. Whew! What a load off of my mind. I know it sounds insignificant but I put alot of time and effort into that store, well at one point in time I did anyway. But it had been months since I had added anything new, all my listings had expired and I did not want to renew them.

About a year and a half ago I opened another store Pumpkin Head etc, with the intent of selling handmade things for everyone else. Then last January I discovered how much more fun (and easier) it can be to sell vintage. Vintage doesn't really fit with the Pumpkin Head name. But I didn't want to open up another store & at the time I was unable to change the name of the store I had. Well, (this is exciting) I recently found out that at some point this year you will be able to change your user name on Etsy! Hooray! Just what I needed. Now I get to change my store name & I don't have to restart my store!

This is basically just a heads up. Over the next couple of months I will be gradually changing things, including my blog, over to my new store name Glenna & Joy. An homage to my grandmothers. The new store will be vintage and handmade. Perfect.

No comments: