Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Squirrels in the Hood


As you may or may not know I live in the hood. I also have 3 large pine trees in my yard & one VERY large pine tree. Along with the large trees comes an abundance of squirrels. Not just any squirrels but squirrels from the hood, squirrels on crack.

The squirrel above spent a good twenty minutes if not longer sitting there on that post. I think he was feeling a little paranoid & was scared to move. Earlier that morning I kept hearing this sound like banging against the front of my house. When I looked out the window I saw at least 6 squirrels chasing each other around our front yard and attacking the front of our house. No doubt a drug deal gone bad. I am sure at least one of those little critters did not make it back to his pad.

A little later I was startled by a squirrel hanging from by back door. I startled him too but it didn't stop him and a crack buddy from climbing all over the overhang at our back door & taking turns jumping onto the back door. Unfortunately they were never there long enough for me to get a picture. That would have been awesome. I mean there has always been speculation that squirrels in the hood are products of their environment but here i would have had proof!

No comments: