Saturday, October 3, 2009

Just Existing


I have an itch. One that I can't scratch & it is driving me nuts. We have been in our house for almost 11 years. Over that time my tastes have changed and I am ready for a decorating change. Problem is we plan on moving within the next year or less and it seems silly to spend the money to redecorate when we have such a short time left here. So I exist, in my house. Living in it as if it were not really mine and it is somewhat depressing. Don't get me wrong. I love my house and I am very grateful for all of the blessings that it has provided us. It is just way too small for us (it only has 2 bedrooms) and is not in the best neighborHOOD (hood is bold because that is where I live, in the Hood!) Also because of where we live any money we put into it we would never see back in increased home value. We'll be lucky to get what we paid for it 11 years ago. I wait, wishing, dreaming, trying desperately to scratch the itch knowing full well I cannot.

No comments: